Bingo has long been one of the most popular games in land-based gambling locations. Once the game got online, more people started discovering its advantages and playing various bingo versions. What’s more, online platforms adapted the game to fit the needs of players worldwide, thus creating welcome bingo bonuses, bingo no deposit bonus offers, and many other promotions that entice players to join and keep them coming back.
But aside from that, what is there to know about the game of online bingo? Read on to find out everything you need to learn about online bingo games.
How to Play Bingo Online?
Playing online bingo is as simple as it gets. After all, this game does not differ from land-based bingo too much. Still, we advise you to take a look at a few things you should know before venturing into the online bingo world.
Firstly, your task is to mark all the numbers on your bingo card. You will get a card with numbers placed in the same size squares. You can either choose them yourself or let the computer pick them randomly instead. Then, the computer will mark off the called numbers for you.
Secondly, you will need to pick between different formats of bingo. The two most popular ones are the UK and US versions. However, you should know that their rules differ. Let’s go over both:
- US version — The US version — or the 75 Ball Bingo version — is played on a ticket with a 5×5 grid. Each square contains a random number, except for the one in the center of the ticket. This square is called the free space, and it automatically counts toward a win. The computer calls out random numbers from 1 to 75 and marks them off if you have them on your ticket. The winning combination comes from a horizontal, vertical, or diagonal line.
- UK version — The UK version of the game is also called 90 Ball Bingo and is played on a ticket of either one or multiple 9×3 grids. Each square along each row contains five random numbers with some squares left blank. As you can guess, the players select numbers from 1 to 90 in the UK version. The player wins if they have selected one, two, or three lines of matching numbers. The last one is also known as a full house.
Are There Other Online Bingo Versions?
Naturally, with the appearance of online bingo, operators have started creating various bingo versions for a more diverse choice. These online bingo versions typically differ based on the numbers offered and ticket types.
For example, a popular bingo option is called 80 Ball Bingo. This game type is played on a 4×4 grid with random numbers from 1 to 80 displayed in each square. Just like in other online bingo games, players need to mark one of the multiple patterns to win. In this case, the first line, four corners, and square arrangements.
The US versions of the game also come with a different set of rules. For example, some include a different pattern for victory, the so-called X — two diagonal lines that form an X from each corner of the ticket. There is also the four-corners version, which represents the matching numbers in the squares in each grid corner.
These versions come with great bingo no deposit bonus promotions and other offers that enable players to play carefree. Keep your eye out for some great prizes.
Getting Started Online
Now that you understand the basics of the game, you need to find a trustworthy online platform to get your bonus and start playing bingo. To find such a place, you need to keep the following criteria in mind:
- The site needs to have a reputable gambling license.
- Its customer support needs to be responsive and easy to reach.
- The platform’s software should be backed by a trusted provider.
- Its payments need to be secure and fast.
Also, remember that every online platform operates under different terms and conditions, so whichever site you choose, read the T&Cs carefully. It is also good to read some online reviews on trusted forums and get other players’ opinions.
Useful Online Bingo Tips
If you want to improve your chances of winning, here are a few simple online bingo tips that might help you out.
- Start small — If you are playing bingo for the first time, start small with one or two tickets. Get to know the game and understand it before you can take advantage of its many tools.
- Set a budget — To improve your chances of winning, set a reasonable budget that will get you through your bingo days. This will help prevent losing more than you can afford.
- Beware of the largest rooms — The rooms with the most players have the largest prize pools, but that can be a double-edged sword. The competition is also higher, so you might want to think about it and change your strategy before jumping in.