Borat is hanging up his iconic gray suit for good.
On Sunday, Sacha Baron Cohen, 49, told the “Golden Globe” audience that last year’s “Borat Saberndi Movementum”, is a long-awaited follow-up to 2006’s “Borat: Cultural Learning of Make Benefits of Kazakhstan”. His last with a beloved character.
“The gray suit has been discontinued and is not venturing out again,” Cohen said. Question and answer session During the virtual awards ceremony, which had three nominations – and two wins – for the “Borat” sequel.
The British satirist won the Best Actor award in a musical or comedy film for his last innings as a Kazakh broadcaster. The film itself also won the Golden Globe for Best Music or Comedy Film category. Co-star Maria Baklova, who played the foil for Borat’s teenage daughter – and Rudy Giuliani – Tutar, was nominated for Best Actress in a Musical or Comedy.
“It was probably the most dangerous project I had to work on,” said Baron Cohen, Who first revealed that he wore a bulletproof vest during filming – which came after Borat crushed a Second Amendment rights rally in Washington state, triggering a riot by angry gunmen.
“We felt the risks were worth taking,” he explained. “I was just very worried about Trump and Trumpism and the election and our democracy was in danger.”
“There were circumstances that I would never go back to do again. The gray suit is closed and is not coming out again, ”said the filmmaker.
Despite the danger to his life, 49-year-old Baron Cohen is proud that what he suggests was an important act of political parody.
“If Trump had won on November 3, and I wasn’t able to make this film, I wouldn’t be able to live with myself,” I concluded.