NYC carbon monoxide leak sickens 8, sends 4 to hospital

Officials said a carbon monoxide leak in Queens sickened eight people and forced about two dozen residents into the freezing cold.

FDNY firefighters responded to a 911 call for a gas smell on 81st Street near 31st Avenue in Jackson Heights before midnight Friday, the department spokesman said.

Fire officials said the FDNY had determined that “high levels” of carbon monoxide emitted from the location and “adjoining addresses” and residents in several buildings had been evacuated, fire officials said.

According to the FDNY, four people were taken to Cornell Hospital and four others were treated. Officials said the department has notified utilities and buildings.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.